Sunday, May 25, 2008

3 year old + baby powder = disaster area!

It was sort of funny when it first happened, not so funny when I was cleaning it up for 3 hours, and now I can finally laugh again.

I think that the "Keep out of reach of children" warning on the bottle of baby powder is less from the danger that the powder itself poses and more for the danger that a child may find him/herself in once their parent sees the mess they have made with said bottle of baby powder.

Holy cow! One bottle of baby powder can make such a mess. You can sort of see the mess that the baby powder made on the floor but this picture just does not do it justice.

It was ALL over the main floor. It was on every hard surface. I had powder handprints on everything. It was so hard to clean up. I dusted 3 times, vaccumed with my floor mate 7 times and mopped 4 times. We are still finding baby powder in the strangest places. I got out the crockpot this morning and it had a film of baby powder on it. I have no idea how that happened---it was in closed cupboard when the "incident" occured.

Apparently I need to heed the "keep out of reach of children" warning. ha ha.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dude that totally sucks. It'll be in the nooks and crannies for like, well like ever. I'm sorry man.

Renee said...

OH MY GOSH! Weldon did that with my loose make-up powder once...to make a dirt road for his cars in my bathroom. It took forever to clean & it was just a bathroom. Dang, you are a patient mommy! :)