Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's all fun and games until somebody gets their eye poked out!

Why are little kids so interested in babies' eyes? Everyone one of my kids has poked the child who is younger than them in the eye when they were a newborn. They don't do it to be mean, they are just really interested in the baby's eyes for some reason. I guess it is an 18 to 20 month old thing as my older kids have never done it before.
I was looking for some pictures of Hailey as a baby (at Mandi's request) and I found this one. Garrison caught in the action:

And the very next picture:

OK, I admit it. As a mom that sad little face breaks my heart. We hadn't even left the hospital yet and she was less than 3 days old. Oh well, what could I expect. Garrison was still a baby himself when Hailey was born.

3 comments:

Renee said...

oh that picture just makes me sad...look at her little puckered lips! :(

Angela said...

Hey Monique! It is awesome that you have a blog now! Congrats on baby #5...your girls look so much like you and your boys look like Conal! I hear a little about you from Renee now and then...it sounds like you are doing well. Have a good one....

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Puhlease send me those pics! They are so precious and they won't come up big for me!