Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I hope these things don't really come in threes

If bad things/accidents come in threes, I think it is best that I stay in bed all day today. Either that or between the hours of 5-7 pm I need to go hide in a padded room for my own safety. ha ha

It all started Monday evening as I was carrying Jackson downstairs to make dinner. When I was a little over halfway down the stairs I stepped on the very end of the stair and my foot slipped off the stair and folded under me. Luckily, I could tell I was going to fall so I was able to keep Jackson from getting hurt. He didn't get hurt in the slightest. My body took the brunt of it and I have the bruises to prove it. When I finally stopped falling my right leg was completely pinned underneath me. How I didn't break my leg or at the very least my toes is beyond me. At the time however I was more worried about the muscle that I pulled in my belly. I'd venture to say that falling down the stairs in your 3rd trimester when you are already in higher risk pregnancy, is not good. We feel very fortunate that Jackson wasn't hurt at all and that all I have are some ugly bruises and some serious stiffness and a back ache like no other.

Fast forward 24 hours. Last night after dinner I went up to my friend's house to go visiting teaching. It was such a beautiful day and she doesn't live too far away so I decided to walk and to take Jackson with me. As I got a ways up the street I saw one of my neighbors outside with her daughter and I paused to wave. What I didn't notice until it was too late was that she had a friend with her that also lives in the neighborhood and he had his evil possessed dog with him on a leash. I HATE this dog. It is a little dog but it is seriously evil and it has bitten me before. So of course the dog charges me and the kid lets go of the leash and then just stands there as the dog proceeds to attack me. When it first charged me I kind of hopped behind the stroller until I realized that it could reach Jackson so then I turned the stroller to keep it away from Jackson. Then it came around the corner and bit me. So I start yelling to the kid "GET YOUR DOG, IT IS BITING ME!" He of course doesn't do much so after it bit me for the second time I grabbed the leash myself and handed it to the kid and said "I HATE your dog!" I feel kind of bad now because the kid is only a year or two older than Garrison, but that is the SECOND time he has let go of the leash and that stupid dog has attacked me. Luckily, neither bite broke the skin. One bite did make a bruise that I already had from falling down the stairs worse but hey, it didn't break the skin so I feel fortunate about that.

By the time I got up to Amy's house I was shaking and sweating to death from being traumatized by a stupid little dog. It is a little dog but I repeat.......it is evil.

So, I suppose I need to be on my guard from 5-7 pm tonight in hopes of staying safe. ha ha.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

EWWWWWW I HATE dogs! I HATE THEM! That would make me so mad. Okay that was a little over the top- I don't hate dogs, but I hate biting dogs with owners that do jack crap about it. Ew. I probably would have given that dog a swift kick to the undercarriage for biting me. I am serious.
I'm glad you didn't break anything. Poor Mo. I'll come take care of your kids, okay?

Renee said...

UGH...seriously, why are some dog owners so lame? I have a genuine fear of dogs...the ones I have come in contact are always mean. Yuck!I'm so sorry that all this has happened.

Sorry about your fall...I hate when I know I'm going to fall, it makes it worse! Did you have to go to the doctor to make sure the baby was ok? That is so awful...I wish I was there to hang out with you. I'm crossing my fingers that today will be a better day for you!