Monday, April 21, 2008

A decent family picture.......to be or not to be

I took the girls to get their pictures taken on Saturday. First of all, I have to say that it is SO much easier to get 2 kids pictures than 4. HUGE difference. With that being said, the boys (when I took them a couple of months ago) were SO much easier than the girls. Boys hair is so much easier to do and takes so much less time. Plus, if they mess it up it is easy to fix where as with girls, well lets just say it may not be fixable away from home. I won't even start on keeping their dresses looking decent.
Anyway, the girls were really good and I was so grateful. I wish we would have had a better photographer though. She missed so many good shots. I realize that I was being somewhat of a backseat photographer (or whatever you want to call it) but seeing as that I have been a photographer for a photo studio, I do at least know what I am talking about. ha ha. Oh well, they turned out decent and it definitely could have been worse. They could have turned out like our Easter morning pictures where we couldn't get a good picture to save our lives. Case in point: Jackson sliding off the stairs.



Example number two: You can't see Hailey's eyes very well with the picture this size but they are SO wide and funny. They make me LOL everytime I look at the picture.

And then we have: going, going................



and GONE.



And that is the end of Easter morning pictures at the Whetten house. What can we say........we did our best.


I do have to say however, that may favorite "bad" picture is the picture that we got taken of the 6 oldest grandkids. That is CLASSIC. The other day I pulled that baby out just for a good laugh. Mandi, do you have a copy of that on your computer anywhere? I only have it in hard copy form. Anyway, we were lucky to even have all of the kids on the table at the same time. Garrison is the oldest and he was 3 1/2 at the time so we had 6 kids 3 1/2 and under. We kept telling the photographer "JUST TAKE THE PICTURE" because we all new that it was only going to get worse. Oh boy. Fun times I tell ya!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Love the picture of the blurred Jackson...the "gone" one. What is it about Easter morning?!? It's so hard to get that one good shot, but so much easier any other day! :) Those dresses are gorgeous!! So sweet...& the shoes too. What is more fun? the clothes? or the shoes??? hee hee

I just love seeing the pictures on your blog...

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dude I think those Easter pics are great!!! 4 kids sitting there at all?? Very cute! I ought to email you the family pic we had taken two Sundays ago. We look idiotic. You still need to send me your Sears portrait link!! I wanna see :).

Also, I DO have the famed picture. LOL. I shall scan it in today and send it to you. Good times. . .