Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fathers and Sons Outing

Garrison, Jackson and Conal went to the Fathers and Sons campout this weekend. Garrison looks forward to this all year long. I think Garrison had the best day ever on Friday. He had a field trip to the Brookfield Zoo during school and then after school he got to go to the campout. He was so excited that he tried to talk me into taking him to school and hour early, even though I told him no one would be there.

This was a great Fathers and Sons outing for Conal for a couple of reasons. 1. He didn't have to make all of the preparations by himself. This was also a HUGE relief for me as the last 3 years I have done a lot of the work to take some of the pressure off of Conal. 2. It was only 35 minutes away. I couldn't believe there was a place to go that was that close. 3. This is where they camped:

And this is the view from "Mt. Trashmore". That is what one of the boys nicknamed it a few years ago because this actually used to be a garbage dump that they built a forest preserve on top of. Prettiest "dump" I've ever seen!


What? Camping on grass? They don't even HAVE grass in El Paso. ha ha.


Here is a picture with Garrison and one of his buddies:


Some things never change though. Conal thought he was going to get away from the wind this year. The wind caused a lot of trouble at Fathers and Sons in El Paso. Unfortunately the wind blew all night here as well!

Also, Conal felt right at home when he got to the campout. One of his co-workers that is also a member of our ward helped him set up the tent. This reminded him of how Vaughn (another co-worker/ward member in El Paso) and Carter used to help him set up his tent in El Paso. I guess those FBI guys stick together!


Good times, Good friends!

4 comments:

Renee said...

That looks like a nice place... Kel & Weldon got rained on, but they stayed! I love these outings, they look forward to it all year as well! :)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Sucks about the wind, man, but it looks like they had fun! And thank heavens you didn't have to do the food. . .

dena4kids said...

That looks like fun! I wish our ward would do something like that!

Bruce said...

Mt. Trashmore - Great that they made a nice place of it. We're off to Fathers and Sons this weekend - Peter is really excited - camping, horses, playing in the creek with buddies, what could be better?