Sunday, May 17, 2009

18 kids + wind = one crazy hour and a half

I admit it. I'm a sucker mom. I wanted to take the easy way out and have Hailey take a few friends to "Build a Bear" or "Boozle B's" for her birthday party. However, when we were planning her party she said she wanted to invite ALL of the girls in her class because she didn't want anyone to be sad because they weren't invited. Because I thought that was super sweet and as a mom I wouldn't want my child to be the one left out, we invited every girl in Hailey's class to a pizza party at the park. Every single girl we invited showed up which truthfully, I didn't expect.
It was SO windy.......but it's always windy here so I don't know what I was expecting. Here's a tip for a windy picnic; Tape the paper plates down to the table cloth. It worked really well!
On top of the wind making things a little crazy, 3 of Hailey's friends have serious food allergies. All 3 of them had to bring food of their own and I was a nervous wreck that one of them were some how going to eat something that they shouldn't.
It turned out to be a fun afternoon though. As usual, Conal can command a crowd and had all of the kids chasing after him and the pinata.
Macy was an angel and enjoyed the party from the stroller,
and Hailey got to invite all of her friends so no one was left out.

3 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'm glad it didn't rain! Macy looks so cute. . . and it looks like everyone had fun!

Renee said...

Good tips! How fun for Hailey to have all the girls come! :) Looks like eveyone was enjoying themselves!

Jen said...

I couldn't imagine having 18 kids at the park at once. Way to go She-ra! Happy birthday Hailey!