I WISH I were talking about our house (even though we are SO sad to leave it). That would be so nice to have that done with, but seeing as that it isn't even up for sale yet..........
I'm actually referring to my eldest son. The last few Saturdays Conal and I have been in "emergency get things done" mode. We have been trying get ready for baby, and at the same time do as much as we can to prepare for our move. While that was a nice side note, the point of my saying it is that while we have been rushing around Saturday mornings, Garrison has been entertaining himself with a couple of infomercials. Those things sure can convince a 6 year old (ok, I admit it. I find myself wanting the products as well).
A couple of weeks ago Jackson had a little baby pimple and Garrison said "Hey Mom, you need to buy Pro-active to get rid of that red spot on Jackson's face. Then he proceeds to give us all of the facts from the Pro-active commercial. It was quite entertaining.
Two days ago, we were all sitting around the dinner table and out of nowhere Garrison said " Can we buy P9EX? It will make me strong in just 90 days!"
I have to admit that sometimes those infomercials can be entertaining. My brother Brannon and I have laughed and laughed over the Magic Bullet commercial. That acting is SO bad that it is hilarious. My favorite feature of the Magic Bullet is that it has these glasses with different colored rings so that if you set your glass down at a party, you won't forget which glass is yours. The funny thing is that it only comes with 4 glasses. Wow! What a wild party I would be having with FOUR people! ha ha. That's not even enough for my immediate family.
However, I think my all time favorite is Nads. If you've never seen it, Nads is a wax hair removal kit. First of all, couldn't they pick a better name? Do they not know that nads is a slang term for........well if you don't know ask me later (and if you don't know, WHERE have you been?? JUST KIDDING). Secondly, they claim that it is a painless way to remove hair. Um, have they ever tried it? Unless it has some some sort of skin numbing agent in it (which I doubt as it is also touted as "organic" and edible (what kind of person eats leg wax?)) than it is going to hurt like you know what to pull that wax off your leg (or other more painful areas). Proof of my assertion is found in the infomercial itself. They ask some"random" guy with some seriously hairy legs to demonstrate the painless procedure for them. They rip a strip of hair off this poor guy's leg and then ask the question we all want to know. "Did it hurt?" The camera moves to the man's face and as he is saying how it wasn't painful...... there are tears in his eyes. SO FUNNY! Once I had Conal watch that part because I think it is so funny and when they pulled off the strip Conal actually flinched. I think any guy will tell you that getting hair pulled out of your leg is painful.
Also, I think I need to go to "Parentheses users anonymous" (PUA). I even used a set of parentheses inside another set.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Dude you can do that?? I mean use parenthesis in another set? I've always wanted to do that, as I ought to go to PUA as well. They are my favorite. As are " ". Just imagine me doing that in the air in a very dramatic type of way.
Anyways love the informercials! You are making me laugh.
I don't know if you can use parenthesis inside another set but hey.....I did it anyway. =)
I need to go to "air quotes" annoynomous as well. ha ha
Oh okay!! I need to call them "air quotes". LOL imagine me saying "air quotes" with my very exaggerated finger gesture.
Oh Monique, that made me laugh so hard...like really, hard. IT could be that I'm dead tired too. But, I also get sucked into watching infomercials too! That cracks me up about Nads...& the magic bullet. Where do they find these people? Ronco is still one of my favorites to watch...why you ask? "Set it & forget it"! hee hee Oh man... Good post!
Still chuckling about Garrison suggesting pro-active! hee hee And, what is p90ex?
Oh & I do know a grammar rule...where this is coming from, I do not know (I basically suck at grammar these days...can you tell...) "..." I do that dumb ... TOO much, BUT I CAN'T STOP!
Ok, so if you are using (this in a sentence{and you want to add these} inside the sentence). You can do that. I think, now I'm starting to doubt myself...but (oh, I just did the 3 dot thing), that's what you do. Um, why I'm wasting your comment space, I know not! It's late...UGH, I did it again. I'm going to bed.
BTW, I got your TY note, where did you get those? They are so cute!
That's right! You do use these {} when you want to use parenthesis inside another pair. I forgot about that until you said that.
I also use......way too much.......
I have no idea what P9EX is besides that it "makes you strong in 90 days". HA HA!
The Thank you notes are from Walmart. I know, I know, I am SO fancy. ha ha.
Post a Comment