Sunday, June 22, 2008

You know you live in El Paso when........

El Paso is a unique place. We sure will miss its charm when we leave here.

- Your daughter (Alexia) is laughing hysterically because there is water on the car windows. Apparently rain is a funny thing when you don't see it very often.

- On a cloudy day your son (Garrison) asks "What is wrong with the sky today? There are CLOUDS in it!". I suppose clouds are a little unusual here as well.

- Your kids act like they have won the lottery because they have a chance to use the umbrellas.

-For a trip to the temple, you have to be sure to have not only your temple recommend, but your passport, and cash to cross back over the bridge.

-Even though you park WAY back in the parking lot, you will still be stalked for your parking spot and the car stalking you won't mind blocking traffic to wait for you to unload all of your groceries and kids in the car.

-Walmart is always as crowded as it is around Christmas time.

- There is a long line for everything.

- 70% of your son's elementary school orientation is done in Spanish.

-Every paper sent home from school is in English on one side and Spanish on the other.

-The minute you get to any party your kids start asking where the pinata is. After all, its not a party without a pinata!

-Hours after a dust storm, and a couple of toothbrushings (yes, I am aware that I just made up a word) later, you can STILL taste dirt in your mouth.

-It's 95 degrees outside and your kids want to turn on the gas fire place and get their blankets because they are cold.

-101 or 102 degrees just isn't THAT bad.

- In the summer, you can turn the water all the way to cold and still have a pleasant shower.

-People think it is funny to yell "Scorpion!" just to freak you out. OK, maybe its just my kids who do that.

I know this list isn't that funny if you haven't "been there, done that" but hey, it's been entertaining me!

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Well I loved it! But I have been there. But I still think I'd have enjoyed it. :)

Jessica Sandberg said...

So funny, Monique. I had to laugh so hard because my kids have done every single one of those! Kai actually gets cold with the AC during the day (it's set to 76, believe it or not and it's still really cool). There are always blankets scattered through my house. It drives me crazy!