The next morning they found the old couch gone. We had put it out on the curb for the garbage man and I came home from my run to find my oldest two kids in tears. They were SO sad to see that couch gone. Garrison said "It's just sad. That couch has been in the family since I was born." Correction Garrison, that couch has been in the family since Aunt Mandi was born.
They were only slightly relieved to find out that it wasn't gone yet but still in the front yard. They went out to say their goodbyes.
Then they begged us to put it in the basement. When we told them that it would take up too much room Hailey asked if we could take it apart and leave it down there in pieces. It would have been seriously funny if they both weren't just so darn sad! I told them a story about when I was Garrison's age. My parents bought a new car and we had to sell our old one. I was SO sad to see that old blue car go. I cried just as much as Garrison and Hailey did over the old sofa. Once we got the new car I forgot how sad I was and didn't think about the old blue car again.
The next day this bad boy showed up:
A couple of hours after it was delivered, Hailey came upstairs and said "You were right about the blue car Mom." *Phew*
Farewell old couch and loveseat. You've served us well in our apartment, in our first house, in El Paso and here in Chicago.
4 comments:
Ooh I love the couch you picked! Where'd you end up going to get it? Is it a sectional or a sofa/loveseat? Those are my favorite colors. That's what's in my living room. Great minds think alike, what can we say? ;) ;)
I LOVE IT! I love those pillows!
I love that! I so love those pillows. Those are the colors I want to do my room...
Love it! I want to redo my room in that color scheme, but Kanani says no doggies on the bed if I redo my linen. Guess that won't ever happen - - Opihi would be ruined!
Post a Comment