Here is the run down:
We left for the hospital at 10:00 am because I was scheduled for the OR at 12 noon. Here is the before picture:
She had some trouble breathing so she was with us for a few minutes in recovery but after that they took her to the nursery and then since she was getting worse she was checked into the NICU.
I was unable to see her until the next day after I convinced them to unhook me a couple of hours earlier than they were supposed to. She spent the first 9 days of her life in the NICU.
This picture won't mean anything to anyone but me. When I see it I remember exactly how I felt out the time. Conal had gone to my mom's to be with the older 4 kids and I went down to the NICU to talk to Macy's doctors about what course of action we were going to take at that point. Macy's lungs should have cleared but instead they were worse and because she was breathing so fast she couldn't eat and was losing weight. The doctors said that we needed to treat her aggressively or risk losing her. No mom ever wants to hear those words! I was really upset when I went back upstairs but I found this fruit bouquet (that my sister sent) and Conal there waiting for me. Both the arrival of the bouquet and Conal's arrival were perfect timing!

After 9 days we were so glad to take her home first to my moms and then next day to El Paso.
After 9 days we were so glad to take her home first to my moms and then next day to El Paso.
Now here we are a year later.




Happy Birthday blonde girl!
9 comments:
I know how scary it was when she was born...& I probably can really relate to how you felt. Having doctors tell you that sort of news about your baby, is overwhelming. I'm so grateful that she was blessed to recover & be strong.
Happy Birthday Macy!!
I miss you, it was FABULOUS to see you & it was a "dragola" to have you leave... Say hi to everyone!
happy birthday little Macy! I cant not believe it has already been a year! She is beautiful!
HAppy birthday! I know its hard to have a baby in the NICU... its nice to be far away from that experience. Its hard to believe Macy is one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad she is doing so good!
Happy Birthday Macy! What a sweetie! Her hair is just as blonde as Morganns, but I think Macy has more of it. Wow, I can't believe it has been a year. A ton has happened in that year hasn't it?
She is soooo cute! Love the toothy smile with the blonde hair. Miss you so much - - have a super summer!
She is so cute!
Happy Birthday to Macy! I'm so glad we got to be with her last month!!
Happy Birthday Macy! I still need to get my lil blondie a little sumfin sumfin for her b-day. . .
Post a Comment