Warning: This is extremely boring. Nevertheless, this is my life.
6 am. Get up and go on my daily run. I like to run on the path that goes around the pond by our house. This is what it looks like:
7:15am Get showered and ready for the day and get all of the kids ready to take the older 2 to school.
8:30 am Walk to school (It was warm enough =))

and then take the younger 3 kids on a short walk around the pond to check out the ducks, geese, rabbits, blue heron, otters, seagulls and an occasional hawk. Here is a picture of a blue heron. Sorry it isn't that great of a picture. I really had to zoom in.
and then take the younger 3 kids on a short walk around the pond to check out the ducks, geese, rabbits, blue heron, otters, seagulls and an occasional hawk. Here is a picture of a blue heron. Sorry it isn't that great of a picture. I really had to zoom in.
After this I cleaned up breakfast, got some laundry started, checked out facebook and my email and then played with the kids until it was time to go get Hailey from school.
11:00am. It's time to get everyone in the stroller to go get Hailey. That sounds easier than it was. I picked up Jackson to put him in the stroller and noticed that he needed a diaper change so I took care of that. Then I noticed he had taken his socks off so I put them back on and then put his coat on. I picked up Macy and she needed a diaper change too so I took care of that. Then I looked over at Jackson and he had taken off his coat and socks again. So I put those back on. Then we were all ready to get in the stroller and go. Wrong-o bucko! Alexia had to go to the bathroom before we could leave, and then we had to put her coat back on. We eventually did make it out the door.
11:30 We make it over to the school to pick up Hailey. On the way I call Mandi and bore her to tears, I'm sure. We wait in line for Hailey. They have a VERY particular process in which you pick up your kindergartners. They issue you a sign with your child's name and the teachers name on it which you MUST have in order to pick up your child. Believe me. I found out the hard way that you must have that sign. When we first moved here I kept telling Mandi that I was afraid of doing it wrong and that they were going to yell at me like in movie "Mr. Mom" ("SOUTH to drop off moron!!").
This is the line that you wait in if you are in your car.
On the way home Hailey claimed that she was too tired to walk the rest of the way so she hopped into the stroller with Jackson and Alexia and sat on the bar.
Alexia is hiding behind Hailey's backpack. You can see her arm sticking out to the side. I figure that I was pushing about 120-130 pounds and carrying another 20 on my back. Shouldn't that count for a workout? I could feel the burn!
I wonder what the neighbors thought of my pushing 3 kids in the stroller and carrying one on my back. According to my neighbor a bunch of the neighbors were talking one day and were trying to figure out if all of these kids are mine or if I am a nanny.
Noon. Help Hailey with her homework and get the kids lunch. Put Mandi to sleep with some more of my endless chattering on the phone. Do some more laundry and fold it while I am listening to a couple of sections in the Doctrine and Covenants and Elder Scott's talk from conference. Play with the kids.
3:00pm. Get ready to go pick up Garrison from school. Sit in line (according to procedure)
The rest of the evening went by pretty fast......and I didn't take any pictures. Basically I just fed everyone, went to the library, got everyone in bed, swept and mopped the floors and watched "Lost" with Conal.
10:00pm: fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.
I know, I know. That was really exciting. At least I left out most of the diaper changes.
Simply put, I spent my day being a mom.
4 comments:
First of all, I just wanna say that new quote of Garrison's is hilarious. I'm imagining him saying fairly matter of factly.
and Secondly, or B., you really ought to post a picture comparison of you as a baby next to Macy. It's amazing.
Don't you wonder how other people spend their day - the moment to moment happenings? I do, and it's so fun to see how you're day went! And it wasn't boring!
I am pooped just reading your routine. I know staying home is the most important job a mom can do. I miss those days! Missin' u 2!
It is cool to see I am not the only one running around like a chicken with my head cut off. You are better organized than me though. Maybe one day I will get it together, doubtful.=)
Post a Comment