Friday, April 3, 2009

April Foolin'

The kids really wanted to play a joke on Conal. We thought about it for a week. I finally came up with the idea that we would put a glob of toothpaste in the middle of Conal's pancake. I really didn't think that we would be able to pull it off because the kids can't keep the secret. Hailey was so funny. She kept saying "Dad, we made a big yummy pancake for you!". Then she ran into the kitchen and whispered "Mom, I almost accidentally told him!". We got him though. We made him a pancake, just like he likes it . Except for the giant glob of toothpaste in the middle.
When he got to the middle he said "Did you put a lifesaver in my pancake?" Of course we all started cracking up and told him where it was. I think he might have actually liked it.
Maybe not.
Then I was off to my YW activity. The YW really wanted to pull one over on the boys. Now being the mature leaders that we are we said that it probably wasn't a good idea. Ok, the truth is that it was our idea to trick the YM. We made some yummy cupcakes. Some with cottonballs in the middle and some without. We color coded the wrappers on the cupcakes so we knew which ones were safe to eat. The girls kept trying to come up with an idea to get the boys to eat the cupcakes and I said "Come on girls, its food and they are boys! All we need to do is just start eating them and they will come in to steal our refreshments like they always do. Just play it cool." Besides the cupcakes looked completely normal and harmless.
Well, we got a couple of the boys, and unfortunately a couple of unsuspecting parents.
Unfortunately I couldn't get very many pictures without being completely obvious, plus I had to keep leaving the room because I couldn't stop laughing. It was a good one!
After I got home from YW and my April Fools Day was coming to a close, Conal got me good. Twice. First with the vaseline on the toilet seat, then with the short-sheeted bed. You got me Con! Good thing those are harmless since I still haven't forgiven you for hiding Kumen in the back of your car while we were on a date before we were married.
Of course my favorite part of the day was getting a mysterious phone call from the boy down the street, asking me if I need a ride to the pharmacy. It's the same phone call I have received every April 1st for 12 years.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

My husband would have known something was up when I cooked pancakes period.....I never do that! :)

Fun, fun tricks!

Renee said...

Awwwww, does Conal still call you & ask if you need a ride to the pharmacy? That totally is so sweet & romantic! :)


Man, you guys are good...I love the pancake idea! :)

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

I had forgotten about that phone call from "the boy down the street". How fun that he still calls you every year! That's great. I got Bruce good when he got home at 8:40pm, and I told him that we hadn't done the milking yet. He was getting all set to go out and milk. I should have let him do it!!

dena4kids said...

those are good! I love the cotton ball in the cupcakes! Mandi and Jennifer should do that just to get people to stop eating their goodies!LOL!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I love the phone call every April 2nd! that is so cute! And I'm going to have to agree with Dena when I say we need to do the same thing in YW to get half the ward to back off. LOL.