Saturday, July 26, 2008

This isn't going to be a repeat of August 2006 is it??????

Oh boy! This better not be a repeat of 2006! We still have another month left of monsoon season.

Hurricane Dolly (well what is left of her anyway) came to visit El Paso. Lets just say we got A LOT of rain. Those of you who remember 2006......all I have to say is the river is back.
The reason that the pictures are so fuzzy is because it was raining so hard.
The kids had to take this opportunity to get out their rarely used umbrellas (this is the desert after all) and coats. I'm not quite sure why they needed them when the deck is covered but hey......why ask questions.
Then later when the rain stopped they had to go splash around in our mud pit....I mean sand box. For some reason they thought it was so funny to dip their hair in muddy water. Kids these days. ha ha.
They also had a lot fun throwing water at the neighbors dog. I of course did not get mad at this because ---1. that dog IS annoying. 2. grandpa taught them that trick.
Uh Oh, here we go again. I hear the pitter patter of rain...............

2 comments:

Renee said...

OH NO! I wondered if you guys were going to be affected by it. Dang, that is a lot of water. I hope it will not cause any problems for you.

BTW, I MISS YOU!

Have you heard any news about relocating?

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dang, girl. That is just insane. I was hoping that was an isolated incident in 2006. And I too hate that dog. What's that dog's name again? Ashley or something?