Thursday, July 10, 2008

So much to say...........so little time

Where do I start? I suppose I start with the before pictures. Here I am right before I left for the hospital.

This was in the labor and delivery area and we thought it was really cool.
Macy Whetten 6 lbs 12 oz. 19 1/2 inches long.


Then it all gets crazy. While in recovery, it is decided that the baby wasn't getting enough oxygen so they took her to the nursery for some oxygen. Conal kept checking on her through out the day and we hoped that she would soon be back in the room with us. The kids came to see their new sister through the nursery window and my dad took pictures of her for me so that I could see that she was alright.






The a couple of hours later, she ends up in the NICU which is where she still is at this point. Here are some pictures of her there.







I have to say that we feel really blessed to have been at this hospital where Macy can receive the best care. It is a brand new hospital and was really nice. The nurses were awesome. The rooms were really large and this was the view out my window:In the meantime, Conal took the kids over to Murray park to give grandma and grandpa a break. Looks like they had a lot of fun to me.




I had other visitors and a yummy fruit bouquet from Mandi. Isn't that cute????

I left the hospital today. I don't have any pictures of that because I didn't feel like taking pictures of me leaving the hospital without Macy. GET WELL SOON MACY!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Your family & sweet baby Macy are in our constant prayers! Hang in there Monique & Conal...we know the feelings of anxiety, worry, & the "unknown" timeline (which is enough right there for a breakdown) of having a baby in the NICU.

I can't wait to see sweet baby Macy! She is just beautiful...just like her big sisters & her mommy!

Love you guys...

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

First off, before you left the hospital looks the way I look at oh like 18 weeks. Maybe. Maybe earlier. Dang girl! You said you look swollen and I think you look great. 2nd, Macy is just an absolute doll. She'll be okay soon and this nightmare will be over and in the past. Just remember, I was hysterical over "the briefcase" so you are a very strong woman.
C, that fruit bouquet is a real piece of shiz. It looks sparse which totally pisses me off (pardon my french). I owe you some flowers but there was just nothing good at the time, ya know? Unless you wanted sunflowers ( not that I don't like them, but a.k.a weeds).
4th or D., your kids look adorable. I miss them.

Unknown said...

you look AMAZINg in those pictures btw!!

I am sorry to hear about little Macy. Our prayers are with her and your family as she is still in the hospital.

Macy is beautiful, I hope to meet her while you are in Salt Lake.

Renee said...

Ok, I totally agree, you look so great! I SO did not look that great after my c-sections! AND...what ya'll can't see is that her toes are super cute with little flowers on the big toes! hee hee... :)

Angela said...

Hi, Monique! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Sorry to hear that she couldn't come home with you. We are praying for you. Love, Kurt and Angela

Jennifer said...

Hi Monique!!

You look totally awesome in the "before" picture...are you sure this is your 5th??? Even the after pics are awesome. Your little girl is beautiful, I am hoping and praying that you get to bring her home soon.

Jennifer Lamb