Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patrick's Day parade

A little bit of rain doesn't stop the Whettens from having a good time.



It wasn't even as bad as when we were waiting in line to get into Shedd Aquarium and we stuck that out. Maybe it is a Chicago thing. I can tell you that El Pasoans would have never stuck it out. First off they'd all be freezing to death (and it wasn't THAT cold) and secondly, people in El Paso are afraid of the rain. Many won't even drive in it. We aren't becoming Chicagoans are we??? I don't think so. You have to be ok with winter here to be a true Chicagoan..........and well.....need I say more? Oh well, it sure isn't going to stop me from enjoying all of the great things about the Chicago area.
We all had our favorites. Conal always loves the bag pipes:

the kids love all of the candy and free stuff (free kids meals to Chili's baby! Wahoo!) :



and that darn "fun bus" always gets our attention:

I don't know quite what to say about the belly dancers



but for some reason they cracked me up as did the hot pink model walking girls...........sorry, I don't get it:
We also got some great Halloween costume ideas for next year:

The "Star Wars" club guys were a crowd favorite. The little boy who yelled "Darth Vader!!!! I LOVE you!" Had all of the adults laughing.


Fun and games people. Fun and games.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dang it! Can I still use that rubix cube idea next year even though someone else thought of it? That is sooo cool.

I don't get the hot pink hot pants either. ?. But all in all looks like you had a smashing time!

dena4kids said...

Looks like a fun time!