Thursday, March 11, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes: A blast from the past.

A couple of days ago I was getting rid of some clutter and I found a notebook that just had some random stuff in it. Glad I checked it before I threw it out because I found a couple of pages of quotes from Garrison and Hailey that Conal and I had written down in 2006. It would've been sad to have lost some of these.

****disclaimer**** Probably no one but me will think these are funny so feel free to skip the rest of the post.

Hailey: " Mommy, I really like your foot necklace" (my anklet) April 2006

Garrison had allergies so we gave him an allergy pill. He took it, swallowed it, waited for one second and then said "Well, so much for that. It didn't do anything!" April 2006

Hailey: "Mommy7, I'll let you go outside with me when I'm the mom and you are the kid." May 2006

Hailey said that we should name the baby (I was expecting Jackson at the time) "another GG". May 2006

August 2006 Garrison prayed that Hailey and Alexia would close their eyes during the prayer and that Alexia wouldn't go "WAH WAH" When we put her milk in the microwave.

August 2006 Garrison was dancing and saw his shadow and said "Hey! There is my little brother dancing too!"

August 2006 Haileys words to the "Hokey Pokey". "You put your right foot in, you take the WRONG foot out, you put the right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the OKEY DOKEY and turn yourself around. "

Hailey: "When I get to Heaven I will give Heavenly Father a big hug and then a kiss" October 2006.

Alexia was reading these over my shoulder and said "Hee Hee, Mom......... Garrison and Hailey are FUNNY!"

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Heehee So cute! good thing those didn't get thrown away.

Renee said...

What a keepsake...so glad you didn't toss them out! I love the shadow one...hee hee! :)

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

You are not the only one that thinks these are funny! I love the "one second" qoute from Garrison!

dena4kids said...

LOL! I love it! Noah prays all the time, "and please bless Nate that he will keep his eyes closed during prayer..." Wait a min. here kids how do you know his eyes aren't closed if your eyes are closed?
I like the hokey pokey too.=)

Elaine Brown Billings said...

Such cute quotes.