Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lookin on the bright side.

It's January. It's cold. I miss the sun. But hey........we live in Chicago........and there are benefits to that.

One of those is living near my favorite produce store. Maybe I need to be better supervised in Caputos. Here is a fraction of what I purchased .
MMMM. Fresh pineapple, grapefruit, kiwi, cilantro, 3 different kinds of apples, avacados, bananas, limes, and the makings for fresh salsa.
Not to mention one of my favorite French cheeses for a dollar. A dollar? Has the world gone mad?
Oh yeah, I had a great two days of eating mostly fruit and veggies. It was so delicious. The 3rd day.......not so good. My stomach hurt so bad. Guess I need to pace myself. ha ha.
Oh BTW, I also picked up some of these:
and for some reason my kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. Garrison said "we haven't had peanuts in the shell since we went to the circus!" Well, believe me, the kitchen floor looked like it belonged at the circus when they were done.
Oh well.......it's January. You gotta have fun somehow.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

My parents LOVE Caputo's too! It all looks delicious!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Yummy! You're making my mouth water. Really want to try your salsa.

Renee said...

YUM! I'm with Mandi...next time you're here...I'll buy the ingredients if you make the salsa! :)

dena4kids said...

I want your salsa too! YUMMY!