Sunday, September 21, 2008

We can only try to contain him

It was a sad day here at the Whetten household when Jackson learned how to climb out of his crib. He of course thought it was hilarious and so did the older 3 kids---that is until he started to torture them as they were trying to go to sleep. He wouldn't stop jumping on Hailey's bed (and Hailey for that matter) until he found out that it was more fun to climb the bunk bed ladder and jump on Garrison's bed. We had to take the ladder off of the bed so he couldn't climb up anymore. Needless to say, a 22 month old jumping on a bunk bed = accident waiting to happen. The last straw was that he wouldn't stay in bed for more than 30 seconds. Both of us kept imagining him playing in the garage at 3:00am (he learned how to unlock that door too). So, we ended up putting a lock on the outside of his door at midnight the first night. The next day we ordered this:

I never thought I'd be a fan of the crib tent but it has been a life saver! However, it hasn't come without its excitement too. About a week later we heard a crashing sound and Conal went running into Jackson's room. Alexia thought it would be a good idea to climb on the outside of the tent and well, lets just say when we got in there it was completely inverted. Alexia said "Look Dad, I made my own tent!"

We thought it was pretty much destroyed as there were a couple of tears in it but we put it back up and it seemed to be ok. However, Houdini boy--I mean Jackson learned how to stick his hand out one of the tears and unzip the thing from the outside. After several hours and a lot of sloppy mending, I was able to sew the thing back together and it works as good as new. Conal swears that it is better than new, but I think he is just being nice.

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

So that's what a crib tent looks like! He's just a little doll in there. . . I miss him!

Renee said...

THAT is so cool. I just might need that for Porter. He is a climber & he keeps trying to climb up the little rails in his crib...then he swings his foot to the top. Yikes...

Jackson is such a cutie!

Jen said...

I should've invested in a crib tent when Tanner was little. I'm still kicking myself about that one.

Renee said...

HEY...I just noticed that the BYU blanket is in the picture...cool! :)